Dedicated to Hawaii and Hawaiian Spirulina. Cyanotech is the world premium producer and world authority in micro-algae. The author is proud to be associated with Cyanotech has dedicated his life to learning about and promoting spirulina since 1993

Monday, February 27, 2006

Spirulina Booster in Fruit Juice-Indonesia

I went to Jakarta Week 7 for business and stayed at Ciputra Hotel. One evening I was wandering around the a mall when I chanced upon a juice store which sold fresh fruit juices. Other than the usual fares which were freshly squeezed juices and fruit smoothies, this store offered a variety of fresh fruit juices with many types of boosters. Among them Multi-Vitamin, Ginseng, Vitamin C, Gingko Biloba, and of course Spirulina. Being a spirulina fanactic, I got to try out the Spirulina booster. A 300ml (10.2 fl oz)cup of fruit freshly squeezed guava cost 17,000 Rupiah (about USD1.80). Adding a table spoon of about 4g of spirulina booster set me back by another 3000 Rupiah (about USD 0.30). As I savored the juice, I could not taste the spirulina at all. May be the strong guava juice covered the taste. A few hours passed without me feeling the booster effect claimed which was "Helps increase energy". May be I was too tired to be boosted.

I went back to the same store the next day to have a closer examination. Yes, on closer inspection, I found the spirulina powder were actually mixed with some other ingredients such as glucose and starch-I wonder how much spirulina is actually in the booster? There was also a warning in a sales brochure that said the product may contain wheat gluten. So after all , this is quite a complex spirulina product, huh?

**

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home